Monday 21 October 2013

Concept Art For Pre Production

For this task we got given four cards again, but this time we had tell a story through concept art. The four cards I got given were; the artist Edward Ardizzone, the setting is at hairdressers, aim/look at pre-school and my character is a greengrocer.
So firstly I research the artist to get an understanding of his style for me to be working in. When researching him I came to like his style because he works in watercolour especially for his backgrounds, which I like. Then I was coming up with an idea for my story.

The pictures below are the art style of Edward Ardizzone:




My story idea is a local greengrocer going to the hairdressers to get a haircut. But this hairdressers is no ordinary hairdressers, the hairdresser cuts the customers hair into shapes of fruit and vegetables.

These are my concept designs below in working progress trying to capture the artist style but keeping characters simple with bold bright colours to attract the age of pre-school children.


 
So these designs are my concept art pieces representing my idea. Trying to capture the style of Edward Arizzone in my design by adding black lines and watercolour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment