Wednesday 6 November 2013

Production report on funny for 15



Production Report

DGA210 Digital Animation Practice 3

This project is called Funny for 15 and we got placed into groups of three. For me I was with Jordan and Katie. So to begin with we firstly had to come up with an idea that would make the audience laugh because that was the main focus in this project. The idea that we went for in the end was an idea that I suggested that characters start laughing out of time in a weird way, and that the characters were laughing at something. Before we went any further we made sure that this idea is the one we should go for and checked with the tutors to see if the idea was ok and listened to what they said and so we went forward with the idea.

 For this project I was part of the pre- production process I edited and sorted out the timing in the animatic. Also I drew many background designs in different styles including watercolour, oil pastel and digital painting. Personally I preferred the digital background I did and so did the rest of my group. I did make changes to its original painting because when consulting with my group they thought the background should have different shades of grey instead of its colour shades of brown, like a sepia tone. The reason they thought it should be grey so it contrast well with the robot characters because they were designed in greyish colours as well. The background I was going for was to be set in a robot factory so it had to be bold and have perspective. To show the background had depth in the drawing.

Also for this project I edited the animation onto premiere pro to add a title sequence and making sure the timing is right. To be then exported as a fifteen second animation onto a disc. Then shown to rest of the class and tutors.

Overall in the end we didn’t use the backgrounds that I did, we used a different background for the animation. On the whole I do think the animation was ok, because this project we got put into groups, which can be quite hard but its what the industry do and we just got on with it. And for the production process it was nice to do more digital painting and learn more about and the effects that the updated version Photoshop has to offer. Personally I found this project quite hard because making an animation funny is difficult in my eyes because no matter whom you show the

animation too everyone has different sense of humour but if you have made someone laugh then the animation was successful. If I did this project again I would use simpler characters because me just practising animating in flash I found difficult and the robots were difficult shapes to work with. Also I would change the colour of the background because I think if you had different colours in the background it would stand out more, instead of the background being similar colours to the robots.

No comments:

Post a Comment